9.30.2012

God is everywhere

I went to the same church as last week today. I can tell you without doubt that I feel God's love there.

I've been more and more aware of His work in the world. I'm moved to tears often, and in strange ways. It's an interesting perspective shift, when you look around and consider - everyone is God's child. God loves everyone, and is with everyone, even if they don't know it.

As I waited for lunch today, I noticed a family of four come into the restaurant. I was sitting at a table for four near the front, and decided to move to a smaller table for two. A very simple gesture. The man came over to my table and said thank you for freeing up the table. An equally small gesture. However, there is so much power behind both. Perhaps God wasn't directly behind either side of that interaction. I am however, absolutely convinced that God was at least indirectly behind both acts. It is His love, compassion, and kindness that moves the good in the world.

I'm beginning to realize that I will never be able to praise Him enough, but I will never stop trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment