10.30.2012

transformation of joy

I got so excited talking about this with a friend today that I had to post.

One of the biggest transformations for me has been the ability to experience joy. For many years I felt guilty about indulging or enjoying my time. I always felt like I should be doing something productive or important or "worthy" with my free time.

Now that I've been studying the bible and devouring tons of christian articles, books, and videos I've reached a point where I need downtime. I need to step away from the hard hitting deep thinking stuff and enjoy myself. I feel guilt free to enjoy that time.

This may seem crazy to some, and may hit a nerve with others. I'm finding so much in my life to be grateful for and to enjoy. I'm sure it's a combination of a lot of things, but for me it has a lot to do with feeling like my time is being spent in worthwhile endeavors and that makes me able to enjoy my free time more.

No comments:

Post a Comment